What is it?
- Land-based exercises to improve balance, mobility, and strength to help you surf longer, better, and pain free!
- To improve your surfing and prevent injuries by gaining mobility and strength to meet the high physical demands of surfing. This land-based routine will directly carry over to the ocean.
- Surfers of all ability levels who would like to improve their balance, flexibility, and strength to improve their surfing while preventing future musculoskeletal injuries.
- Covers paddling, the pop up, wave riding, and is tailored to your style of surfing and type of board.
- Focuses on better board control via balance, flexibility, and strengthening the specific muscles most recruited while surfing.
- Corrects any muscular imbalances and prevents common injuries usually affecting the spine and shoulders.
Sydney Thompson is Certified Personal Trainer and Medical Fitness Trainer at OrthoSport Hawaii. She received her B.S. in Exercise Science at Eastern Washington University. When asked why she decided to start SurFit she replied, “After seeing the same injuries commonly occur, I wanted to study the biomechanics of surfing to help surfers’ longevity within the sport.”
Our beautiful Downtown clinic is conveniently located in the Topa Financial Building at the corner of Bishop St and Nimitz Hwy across from Aloha Tower. We offer free 90 min validated parking in the building garage.