FAQ about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and OrthoSport Clinic Specific Health and Safety Measures
Updated: April 6, 2020
OrthoSport Hawaii's Physical Therapy Department is committed to keeping patients and team members safe with the following practices in place:
- Maintaining clean environment in all facilities
- Regular disinfection of frequent touch surfaces and equipment
- Use of facemasks for clients and staff, please wear one. If you do not have one, we will do our best to provide you with one as supplies permit.
- Use of hand washing or hand sanitizer at start and end of all sessions
- Social Distancing practices in place
- We are limiting the number of people in our clinics.
- Only one essential family member or caregiver will be allowed to attend, and they will be required to wait in designated waiting areas.
- We will ensure only one therapist and one patient per area of treatment, and greater than 6 feet separation in large open gym areas.
- Screening to restrict attendance by any staff or patient that poses a risk, this includes:
- Anyone with cold or flu like symptoms (Fever, cough, congestion, or difficulty breathing)
- Anyone that has travelled off of Oahu in the last 14 days
- Anyone that has had close contact with a confirmed or presumed COVID-19 case
- Secure Telehealth option
- A Telehealth treatment option is available, simply call (808) 208-8822.
- Please note there are some telehealth restrictions that will be discussed with each patient at time of call.
- High Risk Populations
- The CDC has identified certain higher risk populations. If you have any doubts about whether you should attend a scheduled visit, please call the clinic before arriving.
- Please communicate any concerns with your therapist so we can modify your treatment to fit your individual needs