FAQ about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and OrthoSport Clinic Specific Health and Safety Measures
Updated: July 9th, 2020
OrthoSport Hawaii's is committed to keeping patients and team members safe with the following practices in place:
- Maintaining a clean environment in all facilities
- Regular disinfection of frequent touch surfaces and equipment
- Use of hand washing or hand sanitizer at start and end of all sessions
- Mandatory use of facemasks for all clients and staff
- No ‘valved’ or ‘vented’ masks will be permitted
- If you are unable to wear a mask, contact us for telehealth options.
- We have masks for loan and for sale at cost as supplies allow.
- Social Distancing practices are in place
- We are limiting the number of people in our clinics.
- We are enforcing spacing of clients with areas of treatment separated by 6 or more feet in all areas of the facility.
- If you require family or caregiver assistance during your appointment, only one person should attend with you, and they may be asked to wait in a designated waiting area.
- Screening to restrict attendance by any staff or patient that poses a risk, this includes:
- Restricting entry for anyone with a fever above 100.4 (touchless forehead thermometer scan required on arrival)
- Anyone that has had close contact with a confirmed or presumed COVID-19 case
- Anyone with cold or flu like symptoms (Fever, cough, congestion, or difficulty breathing)
- Anyone that has travelled out of the state in the last 14 days
- Secure Telehealth option
- A Telehealth treatment option is available, simply call (808) 373-3555 to learn more.
- Please note there are some telehealth restrictions that will be discussed with each patient at time of call.
- High Risk Populations
- The CDC has identified certain higher risk populations. If you have any doubts about whether you should attend a scheduled visit, please call the clinic before arriving.
- Please communicate any concerns with your therapist so we can modify your treatment to fit your individual needs